Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the derby

We've had a couple of bouts so far this season and have a tournament this weekend too. Meanwhile, I finally have some photos to provide evidence of my actual participation...

Against Santa Cruz - I managed to sneak through the pack and get lead jammer status a couple of times. Here's a sneak move, and no, I'm not hauling that girl back by her shirt! I don't know what's going on there.

That ref hand signal means "lead jammer", all that power and glory didn't make me any less tired though!

Against Angel City (LA) we had a super tight game that occurred only because of a major come back. The game finished 100-98, you can see the score here. Yikes! I also picked this photo because that's me over on the edge there bumping their jammer out of bounds.

No comments: