Thursday, September 22, 2005

Cold Stone

On the brighter side - I have to mention this fantastic place.
Cold Stone is an ice cream place, and not to revoke my dedication to White Mountain back in Canada, this place can certainly hold a candle to the hand rolled waffle cones.

Cold Stone's gimic: "mix-ins" - they have a set of pretty standard, and some pretty darn fantastic ice cream flavours: banana, chocolate, vanilla, mint, berry of some sort, coffee, and others of the like, then these 2 that are to die for: cheesecake! and oatmeal cookie!!! But the kicker are the "mix-ins" - there's about a million of them! To your ice cream you can add any number of (although it costs more as you add more) the following: chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, brownies, fruit of numerous types (ACTUAL fruit!!!), nuts of any type imaginable including pralines, graham cookie crust (for authentic cheesecake concoctions), chocolate sauce, peanut butter, caramel, fudge, just about any type of candy bar known to man... the list goes on.

It's BRILLIANT! FANTASTIC! DELICIOUS! You never run out of options! You can buy it by the pint if you desire! They take a big ol' scoop of ice cream, slap it on a cold marble stone (hence the name) add in your stuff, stir it up, and pop it in any of a bowl, cone, waffle cone, waffle bowl, chocolate dipped either of the aforementioned, chocolate dipped with sprinkles, etc etc etc.

I had oatmeal cookie with chocolate shavings and caramel last night, and while it was fabulous, I think my favourite may remain cheesecake with graham cookies and fresh raspberries. Mmmmmmmm.

Just thinking about it makes todays mineral test less horrid. Unfortunately it doesn't make it go away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am weeping right now for the lack of cheesecake flavoured icey cream goodness with graham crackers and raspberries (stab me in the heart why don't you!) in my belly. My belly says... "why do you detest me so? For this I shall eat your spleen, and then your spine" Fine I say, I didn't need those things anyway.