Saturday, March 13, 2010

anyone need any cotton?

A while back, something like more than 2 years ago, I thought I'd give hand-spinning a try, using a drop spindle. My friend the Extreme Chef, who works for the USDA, acquired for me a substantial amount of fresh and free cotton to give this a try with. I used a small amount, spun successfully, but still had a large clear trash bag full of it up in my upstairs closet. I left it there, safely encased in the clear trash bag... Nearly a year ago I acquired Loki, aka Bitey Whitey, and during that time he's been slowly and steadily destroying the bag in the closet. Finally, this morning, I committed to extracting the cotton explosion from my closet in order to be able to retrieve important things, like my camping gear for example, but I am now faced with an enormous pile and nothing resembling a bag to fit it in...

Say, do you notice anything NOT cottony in that pile?

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I see a fluffy tail and 2 pink ears.

gnat said...

the fluffy tail and ears say "meow"

Unknown said...

How bizarre; he blends in a little too well. Did he think you were keeping a bed for him hidden? Seems pretty happy now...

Rock Buddy said...

Georg is going to do quilting with 4th graders at a history day in October. Some of that cotton would make a great and authentic batting. Could I buy some off you???

Jonah P said...

Thankk you