Tuesday, January 04, 2011

out with the old...

It's 2011, and consequently time to allow my mom to give my lobster trap away to Goodwill.

My lobster trap? Yes. That. I acquired it in 1995 in Newfoundland from a random fisherman.

In 1995 I went to Newfoundland for this:

Prior to the Jamboree we went touring around for a week or so, and during that time of touring, on July 6 at 1pm (thanks to the careful documentation of my friend Awesome Day), I picked up my lobster trap.

And strapped it to the roof of the van that we were to drive around for the next 2 weeks. It made an interesting whistling/humming sound as we drove.

Yay! Free lobster trap!

After several unproductive years of hanging around on the floor of my various abodes, it finally came to rest in my parents' basement. So now we say farewell to the lobster trap, poor thing, all this time it has only trapped rubber lobsters, not fulfilling its life-mission. Out with the old...

And in with the new! Almost. I started this sweater in 2008... and in between the off-and-on of knitting it, I completed several other projects. Now, I just have one sleeve left and this is done too.

1 comment:

Rowan said...

Awesome!

I do love me a hot weather knit! And that grey is just lovely!