Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Epitaph for some sneaks



Alas the time finally came to shed my old Adidas sneaks. I'd had them since 10th grade. They served me very well. In fact, for many many years they and my old Docs (replaced 2 years ago at xmas thanks to a very wise gift from mum) were the two pairs I wore alternating (despite having a gallery of other shoes to choose from).
I tried to find suitable alternates for the best burgundy sneakers ever, and was unable to find a) burgundy or b) equal comfort, a pair of black ones were purchased, briefly worn, and sent to goodwill. A pair of blue ones were purchased, still worn, but never equaled the comfort. The Simples equalled comfort, but died a miserable death after only 2 years - wore right through the soles! Even these Adidas, I have been slowly wearing through the heel, and only recently (nearly 12 years later!) actually broke through the rubber!
Oh burgundy Adidas sneakers, you will be greatly missed, but it is time to say goodbye, and hello to the cute new white and orange ones that I can only hope will last me another decade.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*sheds a single tear*

Anonymous said...

Do you know what would go really well with those shoes?


......you guessed it, Spandex and Plaid shorts!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad you got rid of those shoes!