Friday, January 26, 2007

surreal

I got the Golf back last evening... wow, after not driving it for a month, I had NO IDEA what to do in it!!! It felt weird sitting low and slightly reclined - being able to stretch my legs towards the pedals. It felt weird not bumping up and down constantly. My left leg had no idea what to do. My right hand kept changing gears, which in the automatic is no good... On the other hand it was really nice and quiet inside the Golf - no rattling, whistling or any of that...

And now, here they are, my cars parked side by side.


Totally surreal.

The Golf is longer, the Jeep is taller - but they are both pretty tiny compared with the majority of vehicles around here. I felt like I was a pro parallel parker in the Jeep last week at work - I could squeeze its short little body in some pretty impressive spaces. It's really easy to parallel park when you're sitting up higher!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

The jeep will be awesome for the desert but it still seems ridiculous/hilarious that you have TWO cars!

gnat said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Next time you come visit we won't rip the bottom off my car though...

Unknown said...

Do they have names? And if they don't why not? I believe your Jeep would make a great Martha. I'm just saying...

And perhaps your car should be Griselda (or, you know... Shennandoah would also do in a pinch)?

I vote for a blog-poll. Make it happen Gnat, make it happen.