Wednesday, May 16, 2007

pre exam fun

On Monday evening I gave my first exam. Now I am faced with an Everest sized pile to mark.

*sigh*

So, rather than dig in and get the red pen out, I will post a short entry on my fun (TIRING!!!) hike (uphill climb in the blazing heat) that I did on Monday BEFORE giving the exam. I sat in my own sweaty stink for 2 hours while my night class plugged away at their questions...

en route to Packsaddle cave

a sign that we were going in the right direction!

a butterfly satisfies a salt craving by feasting on Bird Nerd's thumb

our destination! the cavern just went on and ON and on!!!

and the view looking back down the mountainside.

3 comments:

Heather and Josh said...

OK, I know it's desert and all, but it just looks SO DRY! Do you ever miss the colour green?
What was in the cavern?

gnat said...

what's "green"?

there were a bunch of broken off stalactites that idiot people probably collected. Lots of super cool dripstone walls. And... a canyon wren's nest!!!

oh yeah, and there was also grafitti.

Unknown said...

That butterfly picture is wicked! I can't believe you were able to get so close!