Sunday, April 24, 2011

...and I've been making stuff too.

Engineery and I have been working off and on (mostly off) on a totally awesome Pi quilt. Unfortunately, despite meticulous measurements and CAD drawings, we are still having issues. The Pi quilt will become a Pi floor cushion when we finally complete it.



I used a pretty neat tutorial to make these "tea wallets" for the Geology Club to sell at Garden Fest for fundraising. I still have a couple of them left, so if you want one, let me know. You may get lucky!



I FINALLY ground the punties off the remainder of my glass pieces that I made... oh, maybe 3 years ago? They're all so functional now, it's great!

In case you're wondering what the heck that even means, this might help clarify, but then keep in mind that novice glass blowers tend to be a little too generous with the punty, leaving behind a large wad of glass on the bottom that needs to be ground down.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Love the recent craftiness! Phoenix would totally dig that Pi quilt.

Unknown said...

All this stuff is so cool! I especially love the quilt idea. Nerd chic at its finest. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I don't think I get it. What's a tea wallet? Do you store tea in it in your cupboard, or is it for transport, or is it something else entirely?

gnat said...

I imagine it's for the traveling tea drinker, wishing to keep their emergency tea supply neat and organized for that next opportunity they encounter a mug and hot water, but only plain or yucky teas.