Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Field Vehicle?

Last Friday my grad geomorphology class went out on a field mapping excursion -- new to me:
  • geomorphology
  • mapping geological deposits younger than the preCambrian (this was Quaternary)
  • mapping units (that are covered in grass) from afar
  • antidunes

There are two incredibly awesome things in this picture; I challenge you to identify them.

This is Cutler Narrows, where we went mapping. We were on that darker pointier hill, mapping that lower slumpier unit across the Narrows.

My geomorphology posts will become more coherent once I learn more stuff about geomorphology... probably...

3 comments:

Heather and Josh said...

One of the awesome things was the smiley face in the cloud. What was the other? My brain is feeling slumpier than usual...

gnat said...

Ooh - didn't even notice the happy cloud!
1) my adviser in the flip flops with the 'stache
2) the "field vehicle"

Unknown said...

Heather and Josh stole my answer.. though I thought it looked more like a skull...