Thursday, June 26, 2008

memememe

Technically I guess it's just "meme". I keep seeing these come around on blogs, and I thought that rather than do something productive, I'd do one to. Actually, a lot of these things are things I started to think about since B&I went to Italy after (brace yourselves) being friends for NINETEEN (19) years - and we wondered where all the time went...

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
In the summer of 1998 I was rowing every morning, competing in the CORAs, ORAs, and Henley, working at the Barrie Rowing Club (coaching? managing?), and working as a cashier at Shopper's Drug Mart.

2) What are 5 things on my to do list today?
1. Laundry (in progress)
2. Meet with J about cabin directions and key for next week
3. Fill out incomplete grade forms for lazy students and turn in to A&R
4. Buy figs
5. Get massage

3) Snacks I enjoy:
TJs peanut butter cups & cocoa almonds & chocolate covered pretzels, overly spicey nut mixes (why???), entire bags of potato chips (uggghhhhhhh), cookies (but only good ones - and often the entire bag), cold crispy apples (generally only on hikes or while camping)

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire (in no particular order):
Build sustainable log house somewhere awesome that runs on solar and is small and efficient both energy and space-wise. Donate solar panels to college with a giant "HA" and "see ya later suckers, find yourselves a new geologist" letter of resignation (having accomplished what I wanted). Hire professional organizer to go through all my crap and, well, organize it. Go to Iceland. Go to the Altiplano. Invest. Retire. Start-up a "geo-tourism" company for educational geological fabulousical (good word, right?) field trips that people pay me to run (not that I'd need the money...) Pretty selfish... well, there'd probably be more generous things too - but who can say when one is not a billionaire?

5) Places I have lived:
Southampton, England
Harare, Zimbabwe, Africa
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bakersfield, California, USA

6) Jobs I have had:
tutor
babysitter
coach
rowing club assistant manager/manager
cashier
landscaper
teaching assistant
geologist
professor

Considering my claim towards disliking teaching, I seem to have an awful lot of teaching-like jobs on that short list... hmmm... surely I must have done something else???

No comments: