There was a whole lot of randomness at the site. I feel as though this picture sums it up. I am holding a parrot at a campground. Yes I am. I ran after parrot lady with my camera mid-beer. E-marathoner thought it was hilarious. I thought it was awesome.
Other good random things include:
- Guy walking around in his boxers holding his slacks (they really appeared to be dress slacks) folded neatly over his arm.
- Family stalking campsite across the way with walkie-talkies, driving around in circles exchanging mother and son while communicating on the walkie-talkies, being followed by another group wanting the same site, who followed them driving in circles - eventually neither group took it.
- Group next site over having major language/communication barrier and parking their van in super soft earth, requiring multiple hands and a real truck to assist in getting it un-stuck.
- Guy scratching his ass endlessly right in our line of sight.
- People having brought their pet menagerie with them (including budgie, mini rat-dog things, and a cat - who brings a cat camping? well, for that matter... who brings a budgie? or a parrot, really...)
- People bringing a U-Haul to cart around their camping gear (we saw SEVERAL U-Haul campers) which appears to include a dining tent, sleeping tent (apparently with multiple chambers), showering tent and food preparation tent...